I have been waiting to get the shirt as a way of telling Jerry about LO #2. He actually had to fly out to Arizona on business, leaving around 2:30 & I really wanted to tell him before he went. I called my brother this morning to ask him to find out what time Ken, our mailman will be on our street & told him I was waiting for a package to surprise Jerry. So he actually took the packages with him on his route & told me to pcik them up.
We spent the morning out at breakfast & then the park. On the way back we stopped at Peter's route. Jerry just thought I wanted to show him a cute outfit I bought Sienna. So we get home, he's cutting the grass & I get Sienna dressed in her new shirt. He came in, took a shower & then came to the living room & was playing with Sienna. All the while I am sitting there watching his facial expression. He read the front of her shirt but was making no attempt to read the back. I told him to read the back. He did...and nothing. I said "did you read it?" & he read it again. I said are you understanding what it says & he says "that she's going to be a big sister" but he really wasn't getting it yet. But he was just looking at me curiously. I said I am pregnant. He said he didn't want to make assumptions. Then he was hugging me & all happy. I just couldn't believe he didn't get it right away. He said he thought maybe I just got her a shirt way ahead of time. Pretty funny. So he found out an hour before he had to leave for a flight.
No comments:
Post a Comment