I still lay down with her to sleep every night. She lays on top of me, her back to my chest. I usually tell her a story even when the lights are out. Then we talk. I kind of go over what happened during the day & ask her questions. She'll at least twice tell me "hug", that she wants to hug me & roll over & hug me.
Lately we have been praying. I am teaching her "our Father". It started with me telling her about her Opa, that he is in heaven with Jesus & she would repeat me. Then I actually started having her repeat the words of the Our Father. The other day out of the blue she says 'ow fadda who ut in heaven be di name daily bread" What!!!!!!!!!! A priest aught to see this. 20 months old & praying. When she says how excited I get she gets a cute shy sile on her face.
Then when she starts getting tired, she starts scratching her head. She used to like me to scratch it for her but now I must not do it good enough because she moves my hand & she has to do it. But she does like me to play with her nose or her ears or gums. Eventually she fals asleep & I have to manuever myself out of a laying down position with a baby in my arms to standing & slowly get her into her crib without waking her. As soon as I put her in, I drop to the floor so in case she opens her eyes she doesn't see me otherwise if she catches me she's instanly on her feet crying.
Lately I have been wondering how to break this habit. I haven't been in a rush because am a bit selfish. I like to end the day this way, with us all cuddled & her all peaceful. Today for her nap she drove me nuts because she wasn't falling asleep so I put her in the crib & left. Oh she cried so hard I wanted so badly to go back in & hug her & cuddle her. But I didn't. She fell asleep within about 10 minutes. This evening I lay down with her for a while & she was a little restless & wanted her sippy so I told her it's in the crib, do you ant to go in the crib, she said ok. I put her in, she lay down to drink t & I left. She fell asleep within 5 minutes. OMG, I love t but I also am afraid what if it's the end of nightime cuddles. sniff.
No comments:
Post a Comment